Job Description (what we want you to do)
We are looking for a Geosteering Specialist who will be our new Course Instructor. The selected candidate will work closely with GeoModes to address primarily training needs of the company’s clients.
The candidate will work independently predominantly running geosteering courses in a variety of geographical locations. Through the usage of her/his broad experiences and specialties, the selected person will deliver a wide range of professional development programs and courses targeting geosteerers, wellsite and operations geologists of all experience levels.
You will be acting as our new Course Instructor providing geosteering related courses all around the world to our growing pool of clients. The courses’ length varies from 1-day workshops to 5- day + courses. Long business trips when back-to-back courses are held are not unusual. The schedule, timing and geographical locations of the courses will depend on the company’s current needs but can be agreed and adjusted in advance to your personal schedule. Flexibility and availability are vital as the courses are often held in different parts of the world.
We will provide the content of the courses, all required educational tools, and train you accordingly to GeoModes teaching techniques, mission and core values.
As a GeoModes course instructor you will have to:
- provide simple, understandable for everyone explanations of complex geosteering concepts;
- bring theory to life as we do not teach just theory;
- disrupt the monopoly of big oil and gas educational organizations through an individual approach to each client.
Job Specification (what skills we want you to have)
You must have sufficient industry experience working on geological projects and a variety of operations that include technical roles. Your first-class deep upstream oil and gas operational knowledge is well structured and holistic. You are an expert not only in geosteering but also possess knowledge of other disciplines such as geophysics, petrophysics, petroleum engineering, drilling engineering, and unconventional resources. Specialization in a few sub disciplines such as structural geology, petroleum system, geochemistry, and geomechanics are advantageous.
We are looking for a person with broad international experience from a variety of subsurface settings as well as different types of projects such as exploration, development, HPHT, deepwater, pre-salt etc. A first-hand geosteering experience is a must, offshore exposure is highly desirable.
You must have hands-on experience with geological and geosteering software applications.
You must be a knowledge sharing enthusiast. You must have experience in training delivery, mentoring, coaching, and development of training programs for geosteering and directional drilling process at all levels.
As a successful candidate, you should hold a minimum bachelor’s degree in Geology or similar. Proven teaching and coaching experience are essential.
Additional educational degree in teaching is desirable.
Relocation is not required.
English language proficiency is a must.
Duties & Responsibilities (what your working day will look like)
You will be required to perform the following:
- establish curricula for early career, mid-career, and senior professionals;
- manage content development activities for clients;
- establish and cover a complete yearly schedule for GeoModes geosteering courses;
- ensure the technical content of all courses is provided to all clients;
- utilize instructional and educational visual tools while delivering the course content;
- deliver engaging and interactive quality teaching experience for all course participants;
- collect and analyse post-course feedback and ensure it is used to improve content for future offerings;
- evaluate course quality and effectiveness, apply changes and modify content as per requirements;
- innovate, create, and share new approaches in training or technical advancement through local and international magazines, social media, conferences, forums, and other media.
Due to a high number of applications, we will contact only selected candidates.
For additional information, please send your questions through “contact us” form on geomodes.com