What we want:
We are looking for a candidate with legal experience to join our team on a part time basis. Please note we will also consider candidates without experience, but who are looking to develop a new career in this area.
The candidate will predominately work under the supervision of the Head of Legal to assist with existing tasks including, but not limited to:
- Due Dilligence – reviewing prospective clients for contracts with a value of £20,000 and above, spotting and reporting any red flags.
- Legal research – helping the team to get up to speed in areas which arise as part of a new project or contract or areas of developing legislation.
- Drafting, reviewing and circulating documents – assisting the team with review of standard GeoModes documentation as well as drafting ad hoc simple legal correspondence as is required.
- Disclosure exercise – reviewing and gathering relevant documents for pending litigation.
Who you are:
Experience and skills
- Minimum requirement – Bachelor’s degree (Law)
- A keen interest in contract law as well as previous legal experience
- Previous experience drafting legal documents
- Ability to take instructions, but also work independently and use initiative when necessary
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Fluent spoken and written English (additional languages advantageous)
- Microsoft Office proficiency – Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Hands-on approach
- Previous Oil and Gas/corporate experience
- Broad international experience
For additional information, please send your questions through “contact us” form on geomodes.com